The Sidney Archives collects and maintains materials related to the history of Sidney and the Saanich Peninsula. The majority of its holdings consist of textual records, historic photographs, and cartographic materials dating predominantly from 1910–1980, though the scope of the collections ranges from as early as 1850 up to the present day. The Archives also contains a small library of published material, a collection of oral history transcriptions, and information about heritage properties in the area.
Significant collections include “The Review,” a local newspaper from 1912–1989, photos and records from the Dominion Experimental Farm, and Sidney Municipal records.
The Sidney Archives operates as a department of the Sidney Museum and are available by research appointment. Please email the Museum for more information.