Visiting Sidney Museum - Health & Safety Protocols
By visiting the Museum you and your party agree to be in compliance with the following statements:
- You do not have any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or headache
- Sore throat
- Have not travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- Are not in close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
Changes to Museum Operation:
- All events, rentals, meetings, educational programs and external tours have been cancelled until further notice.
- Visitor traffic within the Museum will be along a single directional pathway.
- Bathrooms are closed to the public. The closest public washrooms are located behind Tanner’s Bookstore.
- Closing on Mondays and Tuesdays this summer will give us extra time to clean and care for the museum and collection.
For Your Safety:
- We are limiting numbers within the Museum.
- Timed entry – see above for details.
- Encouraging physical distancing with signage, spacing ‘dots,’ and route markers.
- Providing physical barriers such as Plexiglas shields in customer service areas.
- Closing all hands-on, interactive elements to limit visitor contact in our galleries. One of our staff will be happy to help you with these elements upon request.
- Providing substantial access to hand sanitizer.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting throughout our facility.
- Payments can be made online in advance through sidneymuseum.ca, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Interac Flash, and cash deposited by the visitor in the donation bin.
For Our Safety:
- If you are feeling sick, or have any flu or cold like symptoms, please stay home.
- Here is a link to the BC self assessment tool: https://bc.thrive.health/
- Stay home if you have:
- Travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Are under a provincial/territorial or local health order.
- Practice good hygiene
- We have hand sanitizer available throughout the museum.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Keep your family unit together throughout your visit with children within reach at all times.
- Maintain physical distance with 6 feet/2 metres away from others.
- Please be patient!